Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Jr. Designer will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to finished plans. Applicant will perform all aspects of design work including but not limited to: preparation and development of construction drawings and documents, i.e., electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and transmission; coordination of design work with other designers, engineers and station personnel; performing field walk as required and design support during construction. Applicant will work with civil, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines, designing new and modifying existing area, switching and generation stations.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years full time applicable design work experience Or
- Associate's Degree or Bachelors degree in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Technology or Engineering.
Required Work Experience
- Requires working knowledge of drafting standards, design drawing preparation of general arrangement, sections, elevations, installation details.
- Requires working knowledge of relevant manufacturer equipment drawings and material specifications.
- Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Required proficiency with AutoCAD.
- CIVIL/MECHANICAL JD:
- Requires working knowledge of building codes and ASME / ASCE standards.
- ELECTRIC JD:
- Requires familiarity with power and control of wiring and raceway systems concepts, design, installation, and schematics. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.