Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Advocate at arbitration on behalf of company, write post hearing briefs, research arbitration precedence to support arguments and to predict outcomes. Close grievance arbitration cases, including Rule IV grievances, through either litigation or settlement.
- Manage a workload of moderate to high-risk cases including terminations, progressive, multi-layered, and group grievances. Such cases typically require in-depth research and interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Interpret the collective bargaining contract and advise customers on how to follow contractual terms and utilize management's rights.
- Partner with managers and union representatives to resolve labor issues on a daily basis. Correspond with union on a regular basis regarding cases and labor issues. Write communications to workforce regarding labor issues. Respond to union requests for information; objections, clarifications, responses.
- Maintain a consistent labor strategy across all area of CECONY. Maintain consistency in administration of collective bargaining contract. Maintain case files and bargaining history.
- Perform legal research and write memorandums as assigned. Draft settlement agreements.
- Company advocate at unemployment hearings as needed.
- Conduct presentations to customers on labor relations issues.
- Teach classes at TLC; Supervisory Skills and Applied Labor Relations.
- Participate in collective bargaining. Participate in meetings regarding union labor issues.
- Participate in teams and projects as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Industrial Relations, Labor Relations or Human Resources (Preferred) And
- Juris Doctorate
Required Work Experience
- Full time labor relations experience at a large unionized employer or large union which must including arbitration experience as advocate. Other litigation experience may be an acceptable substitute. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required
- Competence in Microsoft Word for brief writing required. Required
- Competence in Microsoft Outlook and Office required. Required
- Competence in Microsoft Excel for data analytics and labor costing is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.