Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison is one of the leading clean energy utilities in the United States. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to drive development of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, and push forward adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating electrification across the building stock.
- The Strategy and Planning section within the Energy Efficiency & Distributed Resource Planning (EE and DRP) organization seeks an experienced senior-level analyst to support the development of cost-effective programs that advance New York State's energy saving and emission reduction targets. This is an exciting role at the intersection of climate change, public policy, and strategy. This role offers the opportunity to shape how utilities deliver on the clean energy transition and is an excellent place to learn more about utility clean energy programs and regulatory frameworks.
- The Senior Specialist will conduct economic, policy and technical analyses for existing and growth initiatives related to energy efficiency, electrification, demand response, non-wires alternatives and non-pipeline solutions. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for the application of the State's benefit cost analysis (BCA) framework across Energy Efficiency and Demand Management ("EEDM") and its sister organizations which cover electric vehicles, grid edge investment and energy storage. The Senior Specialist will engage with experts across the entire business to maintain and enhance the analytical frameworks and tools needed for cost-effectiveness assessment of clean energy program investments. The Senior Specialist will also partner with organizations to set them up to run BCAs and oversee the work. Finally, the Senior Specialist will communicate BCA results and other related topics in a variety of forums, both internal and external, including regulatory filings, presentations to leadership and in meetings with the Department of Public Service and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the application of the State's BCA framework across Energy Efficiency and Distributed Resource Planning organization.
- Update the Con Edison BCA framework as necessary, including enhancements to BCA methodologies and support for Company's efforts to quantify and incorporate new cost and benefit streams.
- Consult with EE teams and other internal stakeholders to set them up to run BCAs, oversee the work, and validate the integrity and accuracy of the analysis.
- Join the Regulatory team in meetings with Department of Public Service Staff and stakeholders and represent on BCA-related topics.
- Lead other economic, policy and technical analyses related to existing and new growth initiatives as they arise.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred degrees: public policy, economics, business, engineering And Minimum of 3 years business work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated success working across functions to obtain expert input Required
- Proven capabilities in excel Required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables Preferred
- Experience presenting complex information Preferred
- Prior experience in energy efficiency, demand management, or distributed energy resource programs or projects Preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and powerpoint) Preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.