Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist in all aspects of gas and electric program strategy, operations, analysis and reporting for active Non-Pipeline Solutions (NPS) and electrification programs. This includes: performing cost/benefit analysis; contract negotiation with customers and vendors; managing program financial budgets, tracking, invoicing, and other accounting aspects of the program's implementation vendors and other contractors.
- Program management requires analyzing, monitoring, tracking, and accrual pf all NPS team project related costs. Timely and accurate input of project, customer, and accounting information into the designated database tracking system; monitoring contractor activities for adherence to approved schedules, contract provisions, and project specifications; and conducting quality control activities as required.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Support the development and evaluation of Non-Nonpipeline Solutions (NPS) by engaging with various market participants, considering the implementation of a variety of innovative solutions (demand management and energy efficiency technologies), and finding optimal ways to develop portfolios of these diverse solutions for different areas of the service territory.
- Engage with State regulators, and support the reporting requirements of NPS and electrification programs to New York Public Service Commission
- Assist the development of procurement mechanisms (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) to achieve load relief in targeted areas and company's goals.
- Coordinate with various areas of the Company such as Gas Engineering and Planning, Resource Planning, Analytics, and Finance, to foster the development and implementation of Non-Pipeline Solutions
- Coordinate communication among the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management teams, customers and other stakeholders. Provide performance reports and information to various Company organizations and governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Respond to customer and vendor inquiries and provide excellent customer experience.
- Collaborate with Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Analytics, Forecasting, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Sr. Specialist (2L):
- Lead special projects and/or specific program initiatives targeted at specific levels of the gas and/or electric system, for specific customer segments, and/or in collaboration with other Company, state or city programs or state/city entity programs (such as NYSERDA).
- Manage all required relationships including vendors, customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish processes, policies and procedures for the regular consideration/integration of Demand Side solutions into the Company or external entity planning.
- Analyze project specific customer demographics to identify appropriate DSM measures and potential load relief attainable via DSM.
- Work with Market Research & Analysis and Building Engineering teams to identify and fill gaps in market/technology data.
- Perform and evaluate cost/benefit ratio of the project/initiative and potential success and risks.
- Work with Marketing to design marketing and outreach efforts to encourage the adoption of DSM measures by the identified target customer group.
- Work with Delivery Channel Team to manage the project delivery process including contract negotiation, execution management and/or modifications.
- Coordinate information flow to and from the Targeted Demand Program, other departments and customers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree . And 3 Years work experience Sr Specialist (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 Years work experience Specialist (1H)
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Science, Economics, Information Technology, or related field.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in project management roles (Sr Specialist 2L) Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Strong communications, presentation, writing skills and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Required
- Knowledge of project management tools. Required
- Technical writing skills preferred. Preferred
- Experience in the natural gas industry with specific knowledge related to gas resource planning, gas supply procurement, renewable heating equipment, and other energy consuming systems common to residential and commercial buildings. (Sr Specialist 2L) Preferred
- Experience in energy efficiency, or other competitive, market driven utility programs Experience with partners and vendors. Preferred
- Familiar with New York State's Reforming the Energy Vision and Con Edison's rate case in the areas of Distribution System Implementation Plans, Non-wires Solutions, Non-Pipeline Solutions, Electrification, and others relevant to energy efficiency and distributed energy resources Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.