Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct a wide range of digital forensic investigations and incident response activities.
- Provide support to investigators that may be related to civil litigation and/or criminal matters.
- Knowledgeable of current and evolving cyber threat landscape.
- Willing to be flexible and take on technically challenging and complex assignments when requested to do so.
- Ability to maintain strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Identify forensic artifacts within various types of file systems, operating systems, and networks.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field And 1 year of relevant forensic or cyber security related experience
Required Work Experience
- Basic knowledge of operating systems, networking, IT hardware, and virtualized environments. Required
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Required
- Ability to compile data into presentations and reports. Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills. Required
- Have familiarity with popular DFIR tools for preservation and analysis. Preferred
- Proficient in coding in one or more programming languages. Preferred
- Forensic or Cyber Security certifications. Preferred
- Ability to analyze malware. Preferred
- A strong background in one, or more, of the following fields: digital forensics, computer science, or cyber security.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel between company locations including CECONY/O&R and subsidiaries.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.