Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervises and directs assigned staff. Must be able to assume responsibility in the Section Manager's absence.
- Manages the Company's electronic security systems; including design, installation, and maintenance. This includes: CCTV, intrusion detection, card access, badging, credentialing, and the Security Operations Center.
- Manages and conducts departmental security audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Works varied schedules at the discretion of the Section Manager.
- Supervises or conducts security investigations to ensure they are prompt, accurate, thorough, and complete.
- Updates the Section Manager on the status of open investigations.
- Manages the incident and investigative reporting system.
- Manages training programs for Corporate Security staff and the contract guard force.
- On-call every fourth week.
- Implements proactive asset protection evaluations and strategies to safeguard company assets stored within the company's facilities.
- Teams with the Corporate Security technical specialists to recommend state-of-the-art cost-effective electronic security systems.
- Maintains liaisons with law enforcement agencies and other corporate security departments to share information and address mutual security concerns.
- Facilitates security training presentations to operating groups based on prior incidents and trends.
- Oversees the contract security guard service system-wide, ensuring that post orders and contract specifications are followed. Ensures adequate guard staffing during storms, contingencies, and other emergencies.
- Evaluates security guard contractors for placement on the company's qualified bidders list.
- Interacts with executive level management to discuss security vulnerabilities and recommendations to better protect the company's workforce, materials, and equipment.
- Performs special assignments as requested by the Director of Corporate Security and the Section Manager of Corporate Security at Orange and Rockland.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
Required Work Experience
- 20 years professional law enforcement experience Required
- Supervisory experience Required
- Experience in crime prevention programs Preferred
- Experience with electronic security countermeasures Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.