Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Achieve and maintain safety excellence within the area of responsibility.
- Maximize operational efficiencies as a means to excel in satisfying customer inquiries; plan, direct and control the activities of New Business Services Personnel: and directing the processing of requests for gas and electric service for residential, commercial, industrial and governmental customers, for new and/or additional services.
- Ensure customers' proposed schedules for obtaining Company services are processed in a timely manner; ensure all staff members are adequately trained to perform all aspects of their title responsibilities, and plan, organize, control and direct all matters, concerning the development implementation, coordination, and monitoring of New Business Services policies, procedures, technical specifications and reports.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional, timely and efficient work process between the Organizations' internal and external customers.
- Establish appropriate tools to monitor the progress of projects, project time line targets, Capital and Operations Maintenance budgets, while establishing individual targeted performance expectations.
- Develop subject matter expertise in NY and NJ tariffs with Orange and Rockland Utilities.
- Reviews preliminary scoping document, appropriation requests, construction specifications, and drawings to ensure constructibility, clarity, and feasibility as related to costs and scheduling. Serves as a liaison among company departments.
- Address and resolve issues and concerns with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and meet with customers and customer contractors.
- Supports rate case initiatives, provides data analytic.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And A minimum of 7 years Relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree And A Minimum of 5 years Relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Supervisory experience that demonstrates a proven ability to supervise, lead, and motivate a diverse work force Required
- Proven ability to devise and implement constructive changes in work processes while engendering a team-spirited work environment is vital to success Required
- Working knowledge of engineering and construction of electric and gas systems Required
- Strong presentation skills, including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint Required
- Ability to build strong customer relationships Required
- Project Management experience include PM fundamentals, process execution, meeting deliverables Required
- Experience in communicating with internal/external stakeholders Required
- Working knowledge of customer service process and systems Preferred
- Feeder processing experience Pref
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.