Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Successful candidate must possess excellent clerical and organizational skills (including computer-keyboarding skills), as well as good oral communication skills.
- Minimum competency on Microsoft Word is required, and the ability to learn Microsoft Excel as well as other mainframe systems.
- Knowledge of Logica, Project One and/or e2MIS System will be considered a plus
- Duties include review and filing of documents, the compiling of various tracking system reports, preparing route sheets, and other general clerical functions.
- The successful candidate will be required to have customer contact on a regular basis (Internal and External). Selected candidate must be able to work overtime and weekends when system conditions warrant.
- Selected candidate must be able to work overtime and weekends when system conditions warrant.
- Candidates may be required to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays in preparation for and during weather and system emergencies.
- If you accepted a job offer in association with this posting, you will be required to participate in any cross-training assignments within the department.
Required Work Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.