Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The role of the Service Delivery Lead is to ensure that value is achieved as anticipated from the outsourced relationships under management. In particular, the Lead ensures that the overall services are delivered as expressed in the Statement of Work and related exhibits, that the service levels for outsourced services/functions are maintained and continually improved, and that any problems with the day-to-day delivery of services provided by the Supplier are minimized.
- The Service Delivery Lead monitors and ensures the compliance of the Supplier against Service Level Agreements (SLA) across all outsourced Services. This includes performing regular performance reviews, monitoring service level and service management issues, and developing new/ amended SLAs and metrics as needed. This position also oversees planning and forecasting of outsourced quantity and quality of services to be delivered. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring O&R's satisfaction with the IT services delivered.
- The Lead is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service quality, closely liaising with Service Managers, "ITIL Service Management" process owners and managers, Corporate IT, Architects and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with O&R's strategy, policies and standards for the entire lifecycle of the services delivered.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers to ensure the effective delivery of services in scope; Act as contact person with Supplier regarding service delivery requirements, issues, changes and performance.
- Manage and oversee supplier performance relative to Service Level Agreements. Conduct regular service reviews; follow escalation procedure where appropriate.
- As operational problems occur, review recovery and permanent fix plans; Follow up on root-cause and trend analyses to identify areas of improvement in services in scope.
- Review and authorize work orders / requests and ensure that all required O&R's approvals are obtained.
- Oversee operational change management: review change requests, participate in change meetings as required, approve changes within decision making authority, administer change freezes, review and approve post implementation reviews and reporting.
- Ensure Supplier's performance of any compliance and controls items as required.
- Support the appropriate implementation of Transition, Transformation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support IT process improvement including recommending opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And with a minimum of two (2) years relevant full time work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And with a minimum of three (3) years relevant full time work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with a minimum of 5 years relevant full time work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And with a minimum of 7 years relevant full time work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
Required Work Experience
- Experience working in an IT organization or function. Required
- Experience performing application support activities. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Required
- Excellent work ethic and integrity. Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Required
- Experience leading application support group. Preferred
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Preferred
- Experience managing supplier contracts. Preferred
- Experience negotiating contracts. Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills. Preferred
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project. Pref
- Technical Skills Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.