Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Con Edison Law Department, Practice Operations department is implementing a Contracting Center of Excellence (CoE). The Contracts Administrator will assist in activities to develop the structure and daily operations of the CoE. The Contracts Administrator will be responsible for preparing certain contracts and other documents, conducting follow up as needed or directed, administering contract-related processes, and handling other tasks and assignments as needed for the Law Department's Center of Excellence. The Contracts Administrator will also interact with internal and external clients. The Contracts Administrator will report to the Contracts Manager.
- Review, evaluate, manage, prioritize and respond to requests submitted by clients.
- Draft, review, negotiate and revise certain contracts and contract documents, including but not limited to non-disclosure agreements, statements of work, agreements for the purchase of goods and/or services, real estate agreements and regulatory-related agreements, in accordance with a playbook and/or other Company policies.
- Perform risk analysis review for contractual documents and recommend mitigating options.
- Organize, prioritize and manage numerous contract negotiations and contracts-related projects concurrently.
- Draft, review and revise routine letters, notices and releases.
- Assist CoE team and attorneys with a variety of closings and filings (e.g., comparing, organizing and circulating documents for signature).
- Handle the administration of certain contracting-related processes and tasks including vendor management, data entry, reporting and tracking of key data metrics.
- Review, analyze and summarize a variety of corporate records.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations within the company to assess, investigate and address assigned matters as appropriate.
- Field questions from attorneys and business partners regarding CoE processes and work.
- Perform research and other tasks and assignments as required.
- Assist the company during system emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment. This may require off-hour and weekend emergency response.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Legal Studies
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of direct experience in contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation (experience working with contracts-related playbooks is preferred). Required
- Ability to summarize and articulate complex concepts and adhere to playbooks to ensure negotiated contracts comply with company polices. Required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communications skills. Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external customers professionally. Required
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Ability to learn new software applications and databases. Required
- Detail-oriented with good analytical skills. Required
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information. Required
- Exemplary follow-up skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Required
- Familiarity with Oracle E-Business Suite. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Paralegal Certificate, degree in Legal Studies or negotiations/contracts administration is preferred. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.