Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Steam Distribution Engineering is seeking a dedicated, dynamic, and innovative individual to join it's team. The ideal candidate for this position must be dedicated, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and on teams. The individual will serve as an equipment engineer in within the section.
- Identify and test new equipment such as valves, pumps, traps, etc., for use within the steam system.
- Perform Sequence Engineering duties off-shift and on weekends.
- Prepare training and documentation related to new equipment.
- Prepare written specifications for the purchase and use of new and existing equipment.
- Prepare scoping documents, RFP's and appropriation requests for capital and R&D projects.
- Provide support to steam operations with field and laboratory analyses related to equipment failures, functionality, and performance.
- Cross train in other areas of Steam Distribution Engineering such as system engineering, new business development, pipeline interference, design, metering, and maps/records to gain an understanding in all aspects of the Steam Distribution Engineering section.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree of Engineering And 2 years of full time work experience to include one year of engineering experience working on engineering related design and modification of industrial systems - (ASSOCIATE ENGINEER A 1H). Or
- Bachelor's Degree of Engineering And 3 years of engineering experience working on engineering related design and modification of industrial systems. (ENGINEER 2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree of Engineering And 8 years of engineering experience working on engineering related design and modification of industrial systems. (SR. ENGINEER 2H) Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering And 6 years of engineering experience working on engineering related design and modification of industrial systems. (SR. ENGINEER 2H).
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- -Requires either a Bachelor's or Masters degree in Engineering.
- -Must be dedicated, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and on teams.
- -Must recognize the importance of leadership, commitment to excellence, be able to provide exemplary customer service.
- -Requires strong organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels.
- -Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office suite.
- -Must have a high regard for personal accountability, and the flexibility to handle multiple assignments.
- -Must be well organized, detail oriented, with the ability to work in both office and field environments.
- -Must be able to take decisive actions to meet deadlines.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- -Working experience in electric and steam power plants is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to wear required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to participate in sequence engineering program (which includes working nights, weekends, on-call schedule).
- Must be willing and able to travel to all Con Edison sites requiring support including steam and electric plants.
- Must be willing and able to climb into steam structures and the ability to work and walk in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needs arise.
- Must be willing and able to be approved to wear a tight fitting respirator, including a half or full face respirator, without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.