Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Central Engineering is looking to hire a highly motivated and dedicated professional to join its Steam Plant Systems Engineering section as an Associate Engineer, Engineer, or Senior Engineer. The ideal candidate for this dynamic position must demonstrate a high energy level, understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence, and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission. Duties will include:
- Performing System Condition Assessments to identify and document system or component deficiencies, review equipment operation, and generate and drive corrective actions
- Review and maintain System Descriptions, P&ID's and other design basis documentation
- Perform root cause analysis of component failures and forced outage
- Provide engineering support to Steam Stations and other organizations within Con Edison
- Participate in project planning, outages and construction processes
- Generate or review acceptance test plans, and oversee or observe testing/commissioning
- Interface with and track activities of equipment and service providers, both inside and outside the Company
- Generate detailed reports and presentations to inform and guide Central Engineering capital planning and all levels of management
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years full time work experience, to include one year applicable Associate Engineer A (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years applicable work experience Engineer (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 8 years applicable work experience. Sr Engineering (2H) Or
- Master's Degree 6 years applicable work experience. Sr Engineering (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years full time work experience which must include one year applicable engineering experience. Required
- Requires the ability to deliver exemplary customer service. Required
- Must possess strong technical competence, be well organized, and detail oriented. Required
- Must be flexible to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities and meet deadlines. Required
- Must have demonstrated analytical abilities. Required
- Must have a high regard for personal accountability, and understand the critical importance of Commitment to Engineering Excellence. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level and promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with colleagues, internal/external customers, agencies, and various levels of management.
- Must be available for emergency work 24/7 as required by system conditions.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be available to travel regionally (and potentially continent-wide), to attend conferences, meetings, etc. as required.
- Requires the ability to work in both office and field settings, and wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, work at heights, and work within confined spaces
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.