Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Associate's Degree Technical Associate's degree (Engineering, Environmental, Architecture, Computer Science or Construction Management) And 2 years Full Time Work Experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree In Engineering, Environmental, Architecture, Computer Science or Construction Management
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.