Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Promotes a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, and is committed to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Provides support to Senior and Principal Engineers in performing analyses and other studies in electric reliability.
- With some general guidance, reviews all incoming outage data on a daily basis and ensure that the data is accurate and complete.
- Updates the outage historical database and ensure its integrity.
- With guidance, acts as a liaison to the NYPSC and the NJBPU with respect to electric reliability and electric distribution system issues.
- Represents the department at internal reliability meetings.
- Represents the company at industry and regulatory meetings.
- Participates in the preparation and/or development of procedures and provides clear and well-organized documentation.
- Monitors and reports on the Company's electric service reliability performance metrics.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Provides electric system delivery analysis and engineering studies for Distribution Engineering, Electric Operations and the Control Center as required.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in electric reliability.
- Performs other related duties or assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And minimum of 2 years of total work experience to include one year of applicable engineering work. Engineer-O&R (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And minimum of 3-5 years of engineering work experience in engineering or related electric operations work. Senior Engineer-O&R (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And minimum of 8 years of engineering work experience, with at least 5 years of experience in electric engineering or related electric operations work. Principal Engineer (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have demonstrated willingness and ability to work effectively with people, both inside and outside the Company. Required
- Should be familiar with applicable State and Federal regulations. Required
- Must show ability to apply good individual judgment, initiative, creativity and decision making in the handling of assignments. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Windows environments - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project is required. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must be innovative, creative and able to coordinate with other departments. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.