Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Promotes and coordinates the installation of electric and/or gas facilities to major new and existing commercial and industrial customers by evaluating construction site conditions and load requirement data to determine cost involved and insure that the customer is familiar with billing procedures, rates and service classification information.
- Provides specifications and coordinates construction schedules to meet the requirements of the customer and the Company.
- Meets with commercial and industrial customers for the purposes of evaluating their electric and/or gas requirements. Promotes teamwork throughout the construction process to enhance productivity.
- Provides guidance and direction to junior engineers as needed. Develops positive working relationships with consulting engineers, architects, customers, land developer/builders, and other key stakeholders to keep abreast of proposed or existing planned expansions to provide adequate and timely energy service to the customer.
- Participates in and develops solutions by providing technical advice and assistance pertaining to the large commercial and industrial customers distribution systems, energy efficiency and load factor improvements, including the recommendation of demand control and load reduction schemes, equipment needs, and construction.
- Assists large commercial and industrial customers in system trouble shooting, including the use of sophisticated test equipment and metering devices. Promotes customer good will by establishing and maintaining harmonious relations with various business organizations, engineering groups, and customers.
- Must be cognizant of and maintains knowledge of all pertinent national, state, and local codes/ordinances; Company policies and construction standards relative to customer installations and Company facilities; all facets of heating, ventilating and air conditioning, energy management systems, and the application of energy efficiency methods, power factor requirements, UPS systems, motor synchronization, standby generation, isolation transformers and interior and exterior lighting as it pertains to large commercial and industrial customers.
- Responsible for the maintaining priority customer information, customer records/files and will assist the Managers of New Business Services in the preparation of periodic reports and load forecasts.
- Perform account management responsibilities; acts quickly in response to customer problems, takes ownership and sees them through to satisfactory conclusion. Able to interact professionally and courteously with customers in a face to face situation. Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels of seniority. Demonstrable experience in a customer facing role. Experience in managing customer relationships at executive levels
- Serves as the primary customer contact per Priority Customer Contact procedure as it pertains to system disturbances, specific customer power problems, store plan implementation. Is responsible for acquiring and classifying pertinent customer data and feedback for review by Engineering and Operations personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of all natural gas rates, gas construction, and state of the art gas metering. Must be cognizant of all AGA, ANSI, state and local codes, as well as the technical aspects of gas equipment and related manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Is designated Standby Coordinator between primary electric customers and Energy Control Center and/or Electric Operations personnel during off hours on a rotation schedule for all Company divisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Electrical Engineering Construction Management, Project Management Preferred
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Operations, Engineering, Project Management or related work experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with customers and act as a Company liaison regarding all energy related matters.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making in the handling of Commercial, Industrial and Residential projects.
- Must have good working knowledge of electric and gas transmission/distribution systems.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the construction standards and policies of the Company and a working knowledge of the normal and emergency work procedures of Company forces.
- Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Must posses the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, as well as customer, customer representatives, trade organizations and government agencies.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must proactively approach responsibilities.
- Must be articulate and responsive to customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism under pressure.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle as required for Company business.
- May be required to make field inspections as needed.
- Must be able to participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.