Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Must be a graduating 2021 Leadership Development Program (LDP) associate.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Adheres to Corporate EEO policies and ensures behavior is consistent with Corporate values relating to the treatment of peers, subordinates, superiors, customers and the public at large.
- Supports budget development process, particularly with the quantification of the work plan (e.g., unit cost trend analysis).
- Enters budget information into Hyperion.
- Supports financial forecasting processes with analyses using relevant systems / tools and enters forecast information into relevant system.
- Identifies and communicates variations from organization plan to stakeholders.
- Prepares monthly management reports using relevant systems to obtain and vet necessary data, and supports monthly variance analysis.
- Supports capital white paper development for both capital optimization and capital governance processes.
- Validates capital forecast information for use in capital governance process.
- Supports weekly spend driver tracking through maintenance, analysis, and communication of weekly data.
- Creates and executes value-added analyses to support customers in decision making.
- Performs ongoing analysis of accrual submissions of all types along with analysis of associated payments.
- Assists in rate case filing and regulatory reporting and helps prepare relevant documentation.
- Provides training to customers and internal staff on key processes, systems, and financial acumen.
- Performs additional tasks when necessary to support the organization and the Company.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of one year of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations.
Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of one year of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated quantitative experience in work, college, or other context. Required
- Demonstrated leadership and communication experience in work, college, or other context. Required
- Understanding of ConEd's business (e.g., services provided, current events) and FP&A function (e.g., objective, role, deliverables). Required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office. Required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles (e.g., income statement, balance sheet). Required
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and proactive qualities. Required
- Must be a graduating 2021 Leadership Development Program (LDP) associate. Required
- Work experience with management reporting or budgeting tool such as Oracle or SAP. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.