Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Strategic Planning is looking to hire a dedicated, driven individual with a demonstrated commitment to excellence as a Senior Planning Analyst in its group. To be successful the Senior Planning Analyst must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions/ actionable insights. The candidate will be organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. The role will require strong interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills. The candidate will possess an executive presence and will interact with various levels of management, including senior management.
- The Senior Analyst will independently monitor and analyze industry/energy trends and evaluate the performance and prospects of existing and potential businesses.
- Conduct strategic review of existing regulated businesses as well as other businesses under consideration and continuously assess the industry landscape.
- Problem solve and provide independent modeling and analytic breakdown to evaluate growth opportunities and advise CEI management on major project proposals.
- Support corporate initiatives team in providing advice/ counsel to CEI and business unit management on major project proposals.
- Perform research and analysis of business opportunities.
- Take leadership roles on cross-functional project teams and perform data analyses and trending/modeling in areas related to technologies or scenario development or other areas of the Company's long-range planning efforts.
- Develop insights on industry and societal trends and participate in ongoing long-range planning work related to both regulated and competitive businesses.
- As required, supervise junior team members.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Five to seven years of work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics (or Finance), Engineering, Mathematics, or Policy (including environmental and sustainability-related areas). And Five to seven years of work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Five to seven years experience with a minimum of 4 years in the industry, or a strong demonstrated capability to understand strategic issues in the utility/energy industry. Required
- Experience leading teams, Junior Analyst or supervising projects is required. Required
- Data or financial modeling experience is required. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Required
- Ability to compile/ analyze and synthesize data into presentations and reports is required. Required
- Project management experience is preferred. Preferred
- Work experience that includes Economics, Engineering, or Policy is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.