Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manages a team of Procurement Specialists while maintaining procurement buying activities as necessary/assigned
- Works closely with business users, engineers, and EH&S to satisfy the pending requests
- Utilizes the Strategic Procurement Operations sourcing processes and operating policies & procedures; including developing RFQs, Supplier Bid Evaluations, Negotiations, and Supplier Relationship Management
- Supports category management activities through providing supplier data, spend information, and any other relevant information to assist with the optimization and strategic sourcing of managed spend category
- Drive Total Cost of Ownership improvements to reduce costs
- Liaise with internal customers of respective purchasing categories to ensure minimal disruption to customer service due to Procurement process
- Manage customer expectations effectively and communicate with customer groups regarding procurement policies as these relate to customer notice provision, requests, etc.
- Identify Procurement process and technology improvement initiatives and work with Projects & Planning function to develop initiative proposals and documentation for review
- Conduct need / requisition planning with internal customers
- Manage service delivery by: supporting transactional processes (e.g. invoice questions, etc.), auditing processes, training users, etc.
- Conduct procurements in accordance with existing contracts, and conduct ''spot buys'' as necessary
- Performs other relevant operational procurement assignments as discussed with management
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree 2 years of relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Advanced; contract creation, contract management, end-to-end value chain cost analysis, negotiation, sourcing strategy, issue management, risk management, communication skills, motivating and developing other Required
- Effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external customers and vendors, as well as outside agencies Required
- Demonstrates ability to accept challenges and use creative thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- Understanding of Contract / Procurement Law Required
- Understanding of Supplier Analysis, Screening, and Selection Required
- Understanding Contract Administration Required
- Business Partner Relationship Management Required
- Advanced focus in customer service Required
- 5+ years of experience in direct or indirect Procurement work, Category Management, Con Edison Operations, or Finance Preferred
- Con Edison Operational Knowledge Preferred
- Understanding of Oracle EBS Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to travel within Company service territory and supplier locations, some of which may require overnight travel.
- Must be available to perform off-hour emergency buyer functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.