Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Operating Supervisor is responsible for supervising the functional activities within Stores Operations which include Regional Stores and/or Astoria Stores. Effectively manage the assigned portion of the material and supply processes; including Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) compliance. Achieve an excellent level of service in the support of the Company's material needs.
- Ensure the safe operation and maintenance of all equipment associated with Stores Operations (also referred to as Warehouse Operations) such as forklifts, storage racks, wrapping machines, strappers etc.
- Plan, organize, schedule and assign personnel to ensure safe, productive, and efficient operation
- Use analytics to review existing data in order to make informed business decisions
- Support, initiate, and promote cost savings measures to improve the financial end of the local and corporate business
- Ensure achievement of departmental goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage, evaluate and report on warehouse productivity
- Ensure the efficient use of resources by managing overtime, reviewing actual vs. budget and manage spending
- Partner effectively with customers to ensure that their material requirements are met by maintaining a high standard of service, quality and accuracy, timely and precise issuing and delivery of materials
- Supervise assigned personnel to ensure compliance with all contractual agreements, required training, associated administrative requirements (e.g., performance evaluations, administer discipline and feedback), process and procedural compliance
- Maintain inventory control to minimize inventory adjustments and ensure periodic inventories are conducted and results are analyzed and maintained in the appropriate systems
- Supervise the receiving, inspection, issuance and storage of equipment and material. Coordinate the reporting of this material into the appropriate systems
- Maintain efficient tool room operations, where appropriate
- Ensure the proper handling, storage and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and equipment, where appropriate
- Enforce security measures for managed areas and perform daily inspection of the warehouse grounds
- Promote good housekeeping practices in the work place
- Participate in various committees/task forces to identify and implement process improvements, new technology and training improvements to enhance the functioning of the operation
- Assume emergency response roles in accordance with coastal storm plan and material management processes
- Respond to storms and other emergencies, staffing staging areas as required
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Support companies Diversity and Inclusion initiative
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 2 years of operations, logistics, or relevant work experience. Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of 4 years of operations, logistics, or relevant work experience. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 5 years of operations, logistics, or relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions Required
- Strong leadership and organizational skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills Required
- Time management skills and ability to delegate Required
- Problem solving skills Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required
- Familiarity with inventory and warehouse management systems Preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle EBS or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system Preferred
- Knowledge of Stores/Warehousing/Operations and various equipment and material used by Operating Organizations (Construction, Electric, Gas, Steam) preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.