Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide daily, direct, active, and visible supervision of front-line employees with regard to safety practices and standards; gas operations work methods and procedures; and regulatory and compliance requirements and programs.
- Must possess and maintain a working knowledge of state and federal codes, Company Procedures and policies governing location work, relevant Human Resource Policies and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure with the use of instruments and/or records that the precise location of underground Company facilities, including gas mains, services, and electric facilities, are properly marked out.
- Lead and motivate a workforce and ensuring high quality workmanship and productivity.
- Balance fieldwork and administrative activities.
- Inspect work performed by outside contractors near Company underground Gas and Electric facilities, assuring proper work methods, and appropriate safety of Company underground facilities.
- Estimate cost, prepare requisitions, and schedule contractor work related to locating the gas and electric system. Utilize Oracle as required.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of studies and reports required by the Company and regulatory bodies.
- Investigate new methods and devices related to locating work and damage prevention. Make recommendations for improving existing techniques.
- Effectively collaborate, communicate, and interact with internal departments and external customers and effectively resolving customer requests/complaints.
- Maintain and create required records and reports in a manner suitable for inspection by Company auditors and governing agencies.
- Collaborate with other companies in the elimination of damages to Company gas and electric facilities.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Perform timely, accurate, and organized management of various and important administrative activities (e.g., timesheet review and approval, time-off approvals, fieldwork paperwork review, Transmission Line Activity Reports (TLAR).
- Drive to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss job requirements.
- Educate excavators on safe digging practices and damage prevention techniques.
- Supervise workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to ensure high quality work performance and productivity.
- Monitor workforce performance including issues relating to sickness, discipline, and poor standards of work to ensure that work is performed safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Manage human resources and employee labor relations issues at the operational level with assistance from the respective departments.
- Lead, and participate in, continuous improvement efforts and build a positive environment that empowers all employees to continuously improve and implement best practices.
- Proactively and positively implement company and departmental programs and initiatives.
- The Core Responsibilities are not all inclusive as job descriptions may change periodically.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 Years Related work experience in Damage Prevention, or the operation and maintenance of a gas distribution system, or equivalent operations experience. Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 Years Related work experience in Damage Prevention, or the operation and maintenance of a gas distribution system, or equivalent operations experience. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 Years Related work experience in Damage Prevention, or the operation and maintenance of a gas distribution system, or equivalent operations experience.
Required Work Experience
- Must fulfill the requirements of the Operator Qualification for the assigned area of supervision within 1 year of accepting the position. Required
- Must possess strong decision-making skills, be able to balance priorities, handle multiple assignments and take decisive action. Required
- Thorough knowledge of excavation practices, safety and environmental procedures, and estimating methods is required. Required
- Ability to interpret relevant drawings, maps and records, and specifications is required. Required
- The position requires working in all types of weather conditions when in the field, as well as climbing and working in areas of limited space. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a wide variety of audiences and collaborate in cross-functional teams. Required
- Must possess oral, written and interpersonal skills and have the ability to foster a team spirited work environment in support of Orange & Rockland's and Con Edison's Corporate Values. Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including comfortability with public speaking and presentation delivery. Required
- Must be able to effectively lead and manage work crews, and work with all levels of management and union personnel. Required
- Participates in the Company's Emergency Management Processes and storm plans as required. Required
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability and willingness to work and travel with the company's service territory. Required
- Must be available 24/7, and available to participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. Required
- Working knowledge of gas distribution system, operations, maintenance and/or damage prevention work methods. Required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with all aspects of the Microsoft suite. Required
- Ability to think critically and apply analytical skills including determining root cause analysis following events/damages. Required
- Proficient in the use with Oracle, Ticket Management System, and Web based systems. Preferred
- Knowledge of Regulatory gas transmission and distribution codes and requirements. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, working in areas of limited space, and in a shared office environment. Must work at field locations in all weather conditions.
- Must be on a rotating weekly standby within Damage Prevention to oversee damage response.
- At times, requires working long hours in response to damage situations.
- Work requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- Must travel to company locations to work, to training, for storm restoration and system emergencies.
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing as required by the Department of Transportation.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.