Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Communicate with employees, supervisors, Human Resources, and outside health professionals to coordinate employee sick absences, FMLA, maternity leave, short and long-term disability, sick pay approval, and return-to-work.
- Communicate with vendor(s) regarding claim initiation and return from employee sick absence (STD claims), NYS Paid Family Leave, management catastrophic leave cases and long-term disability, as needed.
- Coordinate steps in the Medical Grievance Process including the Medical Helpline.
- Direct employees to resources and information offered by the Company and through the health Benefit plans, and provide advice and counsel regarding their health condition(s) including physician guidance and recourses.
- Perform chart reviews and compose chart narratives for leadership.
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect the integrity of Personally Identifiable Information/Personal Health Information (PII/PHI).
- Prepare and deliver reports to Absence Management leadership and other groups which demonstrate outcomes and performance improvement activities.
- Assist coordinating outreach efforts to establish and be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders (an employee's management, union representative, EWC and HR).
- Additional projects as required to support departmental goals.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments and travel throughout the service territory, as needed.
- Associate's Degree Nursing (AND) And 4 years Experience in a primary care, urgent care, or Emergency Room setting
- Bachelor's Degree Science in Nursing (BSN) And 4-6 years Occupational Health experience
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Required Work Experience
- Familiarity with Federal, State, and City regulation related to workplace sick leave and benefits related to care of family members. Required
- Experience translating technical information, such as Federal regulations, OSHA and corporate policies into layman terms. Required
- Must have professional, polished oral and written communication skills in person, over the phone and through email. Required
- Superior presentation skills are required to be successful in this position. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills. Required
- Expertise in computer applications MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required. Previous experience with electronic medical record. Required
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills will allow candidates to be flexible to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines, are required for this position. Required
- Experience with case management in an occupational setting. Required
- Experience working with a unionize population. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: FMLA certification 90 Days Required
- Other: NY State license Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.