Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi-billion dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to drive adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating electrification technologies (air source and ground source heat pumps) across our customers.
- The Energy Efficiency and Heating Electrification Deputy Program Manager (Sr Specialist) will provide the program team operational and planning support to the Mass Market energy efficiency and heating electrification portfolio. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for implementing new program offerings, program delivery, invoice processing and reporting, financial and energy savings reporting, program forecasting, marketing coordination, support of management of program implementation contractors, coordination with other New York state utilities and external entities, and coordination with other program operational support such as evaluations, measurement and verification, regulatory filings, and strategic planning.
- This role is on the front line of the clean energy transition and supports customers and the built environment to make clean energy choices and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This is a great role to learn about program delivery and gain first-hand experience with building electrification and the broader clean energy transition.
- Responsible for supporting the development and administration of Con Edison's Mass Market portfolio of energy efficiency and heating electrification programs
- Oversee analytics of program trends, forecasts, and growth. Engage with implementation contractor and review reporting on inspections, application processing and flaws, and relevant market data
- Lead and engage with internal teams, external entities, and stakeholders through research, design, development and implementation of programs
- Support the Program Manager with management of the program implementation vendor(s), and other contractors, to help achieve success for specific programs and the Company
- Oversee program invoice processes and financial reporting
- Interface between Company staff, the contracted vendor(s), NY utilities, external entities, and stakeholders to implement the energy efficiency and heating electrification programs per PSC guidelines
- Support the coordination of the marketing efforts through vendors and internal resources
- May represent the Department on program measure issues with DPS Staff, governmental authorities, utilities, and other entities as needed
- Represent the programs with external stakeholders and customers
- Provide customer service support on escalated program issues
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years work experience required.
- Master's Degree And 2 to 3 years related work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Required
- Proven oral and written communication skills. Required
- Proven presentation and analytical skills. Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management. Required
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve process an customer service related issues. Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build a consensus through collaboration with various stakeholders. Required
- Understand fundamentals of energy modeling, analytics and reporting. Preferred
- Utility, deregulated energy efficiency, heating electrification, or sustainability experience. Preferred
- Experience in program planning and administration, project management. Preferred
- Experience in planning, managing, coordinating, reviewing and processing budgets and invoices. Preferred
- Certification, experience or training in Salesforce. Preferred
- Customer service experience. Preferred
- Experience managing projects and/or design teams. Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred, familiarity with the NY Public Service Commission relating to Energy Efficiency and Heating Electrification desirable. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.