Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Work as a Senior Rate Analyst with the O&R Rates team in Rate Engineering on a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and filing of rates and tariffs for O&R and RECO.
- Prepare analyses that support revenue allocation and rate design studies that form the basis for the Company's electric and gas rates and services to meet the Company's required revenue levels and recognize the cost-of-service indications, competitive conditions, and customer impacts.
- Prepare testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings.
- Compute rate changes applicable to electric and gas rates and analyze results of such computations.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and determine their impact on the tariffs.
- Prepare necessary tariff language, filing letters, rate revisions, and supporting documentation and/or work papers in response to commission orders.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from other departments and other utilities.
- Present at meetings both internal (to all levels of employees) and external to the Company.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and other outside organizations with regard to the Company's rates and tariffs.
- Assist in responding to inquiries, both internal and external, concerning O&R and RECO rates and tariff provisions.
- Use computer systems that provide data analyses which support the computation of O&R and RECO's various rates and billing determinants.
- Maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or Related Disciplines And Six years of relevant work experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses
- Master's Degree Use of Company mainframe, billing and financial systems
Required Work Experience
- Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy.
- Work independently and handle multiple tasks with short deadlines.
- Interact with all levels of management within the group, in other departments within Con Edison and O&R, and with outside agencies.
- Possess strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel VBA. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.