Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervise and coordinate the maintenance and repair of Mechanical and electrical equipment, such as Motors, Pumps, Turbines, Valves, Circuit Breakers.
- Supervise and coordinate repair/ fabrication of equipment utilizing fine machining and/or welding/burning/ bolting applications.
- Trains workers in operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Will supervise weekly personnel around the system and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with procedures that govern the work.
- On a daily basis the supervisor is responsible for the safety of his or her direct reports and must monitor quality, productivity and provide feedback that will help individuals progress in their title.
- Must ensure that the Human Performance Improvements (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work.
- Responsible for conducting ''On the Job Training (OJT)'', effective job briefings, documented safety inspections and ensures all personnel attend training as required.
- Must be committed to the Way We Work Principles and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Provide and assist with developing a positive facility morale. Provide positive motivation for Shop Personnel and handle employee concerns in a professional timely fashion.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer Experience
- Must be flexible to handle multiple work assignments, changing priorities, and able to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years of relevant technical experience and knowledge is required Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years of relevant technical experience and knowledge is required Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years of relevant technical experience and knowledge is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years of relevant technical experience and knowledge is required
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective leadership skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must free climb ladders up to 475 feet high
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.