Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare pre-engineering studies, review, and comment on plans and specifications
- Conduct pre-construction field visits for plans and specification constructability and accuracy
- Mitigate construction contract, plan and specification deviations with user groups and contractors
- Monitor progress and expenditures of ongoing projects
- Ensure plans, specifications and HASP's are being followed
- Assist with setting department goals.
- Ensure compliance with operating, maintenance, housekeeping and safety procedures
- Enhance the company's public image by improving the performance of field forces and the appearance of our facilities and equipment.
- Maintain inter and intra department communication to ensure timely completion to all projects.
- Ensure open communication with City, State and Federal Agencies to support the gals of the company, and New York City
- Prepare and conduct presentations to executives, weekly, management, and governmental agencies
- Cultivate positive working relationships within the construction organization and govern mental authorities, especially the PSC.
- Ensure the Central Construction group continuously improves and utilizes the Contractor Oversight system (COS)
- Conducts, attends field walks, pre-award meetings, and job progress meetings
- Works toward meeting the goals of the organization and the Central Construction Key performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And at least a Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, design, and environmental fields of construction required
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Ability to review and provide comments on engineering and construction plans and specifications Required
- Experience and work knowledge of construction specifications & procedures Required
- Knowledge in electrical, mechanical, or civil construction Preferred
- Working knowledge of Generating Stations, Facilities & Substation Systems Pref
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.