Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform safety talks, OJT's and ensures that safe work practices are followed and environmental considerations in accordance with Company policy are included in engineering designs.
- Supervise and schedule the activities of estimators assigned to development of work orders, layout and cost estimates for New Business, System Improvement, Storm Hardening, Capital projects, and associated maintenance programs.
- Supervise estimators and attend field inspections and meetings as necessary to ensure design compliance with Company Standards Review and sign off on design packages. Ensure all designs follow applicable engineering specifications and procedures.
- Provide estimates to project owners for the preparation of appropriations for project funding.
- Ensures estimators report to work in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Represent the Company at meetings with customers, contractors, governmental officials, consulting engineers, lawyers and other Company personnel regarding the electric distribution system as needed.
- Takes a lead role as Damage Assessment Coordinator during storm activities.
- Provide off hour and weekend support in the event of storms, system contingencies.
- Assists in managerial functions as required. Instructs, trains, disciplines and develops members of the department as needed. Prepares accurate time sheets, data reports, studies or other reports promptly and accurately when needed.
- Acts as liaison between the LTS department and other Company departments and divisions as needed.
- Participates in various committees and task forces. Identify process improvements, new technology and training improvements to enhance the department.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 2 years work experience in the utility industry. Or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and technical skills. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to diplomatically interact with internal and external customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Must possess working knowledge of computer systems. Required
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment. Required
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. Required
- Should have relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: planning, design and/or operation of the electrical system. Preferred
- Must have an understanding of Electric Operations specifications and procedures. Preferred
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Preferred
- NMS working knowledge is preferred. Preferred
- WMS working knowledge is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.