Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Specialist, Employee Communications is responsible for creating written content for an extensive range of internal projects, including emails, eBoards, intranet articles and announcements, video scripts, executive speechesetc. This position will work closely with Manager, Corporate Communications. Topics may include, but are not limited to safety, clean energy, sustainability, and customer and employee issues. Through written and multimedia communication, the Senior Specialist, Employee Communications will work across various departments to create content that is relevant, interesting, and engaging for the intended audience. This is a hybrid remote position.
- Creating clear and impactful written content for employees.
- Work collaboratively with video, photography, and graphics to assure content is visually appealing, as well as, with various subject matter experts and other departments.
- Work across various departments to boil complex ideas down into usable language for internal audiences.
- Use metrics, where possible, to develop, support and improve communications.
- Act as project coordinator within the organization, helping to manage internal relationships to procure all elements of corporate communication initiatives.
- Be a strategic thinker with experience developing employee communication campaigns.
- Translate corporate initiatives into meaningful communications that create results.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field and 8-10 years professional and relevant employee communications experience
Required Work Experience
- Ability to edit, fact-check and proofread own materials Required
- Ability to interact professionally at all levels of the company, from field employees to senior executives Required
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting clear and creative content for a variety of audiences Required
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills Required
- Possess the skills to make all communications relevant, interesting and engaging for the intended audience Required
- Possess a sharp eye for detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects, plan and manage deadlines, and work both independently and with teams Required
- Willing to learn and upload work to content management system for intranet. Required
- A broad understanding and interest in safety, the energy industry, and environmental issues Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.