Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Work as an Analyst in the Con Edison Electric and Steam Rates section of Rate Engineering on a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and filing of rates and tariffs.
- Compute rate changes applicable to electric and steam rates and analyze results of such computations.
- Prepare and file tariff changes, statements, and letters with regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and be able to present to interested parties including internal stakeholders on bill impact analyses.
- Assist in the preparation of testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from other departments and other utilities.
- Assist in responding to inquiries, both internal and external, concerning Con Edison and NYPA rates and tariff provisions.
- Use computer systems that provide data analyses which support the computation of Con Edison's various rates and billing determinants.
- Maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or Related Disciplines
- 2 years of relevant experience including experience in performing or assisting in the development of technical studies or analyses
Required Work Experience
- Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy. Required
- Work independently and handle multiple tasks with short deadlines. Required
- Interact with all levels of management within the group, in other departments within Con Edison and O&R, and with outside agencies. Required
- Possess strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Required
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Required
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel VBA. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.