Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Establishes and maintains effective daily communications with Section Manager, Manager and Program Managers to relay evaluation results and analyses to Program Implementation Managers to ensure a timely feedback loop.
- Contributes to the success of the group and department by creating and supporting best practices for department policies and procedures.
- Assists in administering vendor contracts related to EM&V for efficiency and demand response and other demand management related programs or measures.
- Assists in the support of all ongoing Measurement & Verification (M&V) work and in developing EM&V program specific activities.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving M&V reports created by vendors in support of the department's programs.
- Assists in completing Contractor Field Observation Report (CFOR) and Contractor Evaluation Report (CER) for vendor reporting requirements within the Contractor Oversight System (COS).
- Responsible for assisting with the analysis of Measurement and Verification (M&V) of energy efficiency, demand response and other demand management programs or measures.
- Responsible for assisting in project management of various evaluation consultants to ensure deadlines and quality requirements for deliverables are met.
- Assists in conducting internal reviews required for EM&V documents as necessary.
- Support various Departmental Committees, including the Evaluations, Measurement & Verification (EM&V) Committee and New Technology Committee.
- Assists in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in support of, and in conjunction with Energy Efficiency and Demand Management related EM&V activities.
- Prepare presentations/reports and lead meetings with external stakeholders and Department of Public Service Staff in a supporting role.
- Assists in interpreting Customer Information System (CIS) billing data information while abiding by state mandated confidentiality guidelines and provisions.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of mandated DPS statewide reporting requirements as necessary.
- Reviews and processes Vendor invoices and accompanying support documentation required to process payments; and will assist in processing other Oracle related transactions including administration, tracking and, analysis of vendor contracts.
- Assists in preparing and analyzing EM&V Actual expenditures versus Budget and develop the appropriate internal reporting.
- Supports all Company Emergency Response initiatives as required.
- May perform other special projects and related assignments as required to support operations and activities as directed by the Manager, Section Manager, Department Manager or NYS DPS.
- Perform other task and assignments as required.
- Advise peers in effective M&V project management, including appropriate M&V methods for new measures.
- Apply innovative analytical skills to aggregate project specific M&V results to generate load curves or other population level insights resulting from M&V reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Management, Sustainability, Quantitative Analysis or Statistical Methods related disciplines And 4 years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Management, Sustainability, Quantitative Analysis or Statistical Methods related disciplines. And 2 years of relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong project management skills and capabilities. Required
- Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other related database management (Access) tools. Required
- Must exhibit a great attention to detail. Required
- Must demonstrate a high regard for personal accountability and focus on the importance of delivering innovative products and services to our customers in a competitive environment. Required
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrated an ability to work alone or in a team environment and must be a team oriented individual. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible in handling multiple assignments, while being able to meet deadlines. Required
- Must be able to make sound decisions through the use of traditional and creative solutions while measuring the risks and impacts of his/her actions. Required
- Excellent analytical, oral, written and presentation skills. Required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Required
- Demonstrated familiarity with primary energy consuming building systems, with particular emphasis on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC+R). Preferred
- Oracle proficiency. Preferred
- Knowledge of DSM/Energy Efficiency Programs. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Professional Licensure in Engineering or Architecture Preferred
- Other: CEM, LEED AP, BEMP Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.