Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Analyst (Financial) will support the energy efficiency and demand side management programs by developing annual budgets, reviewing monthly forecasts and performing variance analysis. Through sound financial analysis, this position will support key decision making within the energy efficiency and demand management programs and provide a financial perspective around program results. The candidate must have the required educational background and relevant work experience to succeed in a dynamic environment and results-oriented program goals. Successful candidates will be effective at prioritizing work and communicating results. The position requires interaction with all levels of management and building consensus among different functional groups.
- Ensure allocations for invoice payments are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for developing financial reporting metrics and creating a financial dashboard to report on the financial progress of the energy efficiency and demand side management programs.
- Must ensure month-end close is completed timely including partnering with Corporate Accounting to verify program balances for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor and track the progress and financial performance of the energy efficiency and demand response programs Communicate the results to all levels of managements and propose suggestions for improvement to program managers.
- Assist in the planning and development of the department's O&M budget, capital budget, and hiring plan in accordance with prescribed guidelines. Monitor and track actual results against budgets and hiring plan.
- Assist with developing annual department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Monitor KPI progress on a monthly basis and ensure results are reported timely and accurately.
- Responsible for supporting rate case process including analyzing program change funding requests, preparation of white papers, exhibits and testimony.
- Develop internal control procedures and conduct reviews to monitor compliance with department and company procedures; communicate results and make recommendations to Director as appropriate.
- Manage projects to improve planning, analysis and reporting; drive continuous improvements to improve financial reporting.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of relevant experience.
- Master's Degree MBA, MS in Accounting or Finance And 2 years of relevant experience.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in internal controls, month-end close, financial analysis, and forecasting in the accounting/finance function. Required
- Successful track record of compiling and diving into wide range of data to categorize, analyze, and visualize for reporting. Required
- Proven analytical ability and problem solving skills. Required
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, ability to see the big picture and execute the strategic plan. Required
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, effective at prioritizing work and accountable. Required
- Proficiency in MS Office. Required
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills. Preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel required (pivots, v-lookups, financial functions, and understanding macros) Preferred
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion and Oracle EBS. Preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with Tableau a plus. Preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, collaborate and partner with others to build consensus. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.