Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Represent the Company in state and federal court proceedings and administrative proceedings involving commercial matters.
- Analyze complex matters and provide thoughtful, practical and creative solutions.
- Highly-motivated, self starter who can produce results under time constraints.
- Take and defend depositions and first chair trials.
- Research and write high-quality legal memos, court briefs, and other pleadings using a plain-English, high-impact style. Draft settlement agreements.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Provide other commercial legal services related to Company operations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments.
- Juris Doctorate J.D. from a recognized Law school.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be admitted to practice law in New York Required
- Candidates for Senior Staff Attorney need at least 8 years of the above mentioned experience. Required
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Required
- Organizational leadership or management experience. Preferred
- Deposition and trial experience Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.