Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead all aspects of the Gas Demand Management functions including Non-Pipeline Solutions and lead the teams responsible for implementing gas demand management.
- Ensure continuous operational and process improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders such as various Engineering departments, Law, Customer Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Supply Chain, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders such as New York Public Service Commission Regulators and Staff and New York State Energy Research and Development and industry leaders.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8 years of relevant work experience or Or
- Master's Degree And 6 years of relevant work experience or
Required Work Experience
- Experience managing individuals and teams Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Strong writing and oral communications skills Required
- Proven range of presentation skills to various audiences, including customers, teams, executives and industry stakeholders Required
- Strong analytical skills Required
- Knowledge of CRM systems Required
- Technical knowledge of Con Edison's distribution system as well as the planning and forecasting processes Required
- Familiar with aspects of New York State's Reforming the Energy Vision and Con Edison's rate case in the areas of Distribution System Implementation Plans, Non-Pipeline Solutions, Electrification, and others relevant to energy efficiency and distributed energy resources Required
- General understanding of Con Edison's gas resource planning processes, including infrastructure planning and construction and supply procurement. Required
- General understanding of Con Edison's forecasting process used for planning and operations and the impacts of energy efficiency and distributed energy resources on such forecasts Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Under the direction of the Department Manager, experience in vendor oversight, including contract development, monitoring and assessing performance Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with project management tools Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- All other duties as assigned Required
- Experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs
- Experience working with innovative demand-side technologies
- Knowledge of IT projects throughout their lifecycles, including understanding various automation and management systems Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.