Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct or manage studies and analyses that pertain to Forecasting Services and consider their financial impact to the Company
- Manage or perform regression analysis, data manipulations, data scrubbing, and forecasting for electric, gas, and steam commodities
- Evaluate energy efficiency and demand response programs to determine their impact on the Forecast and the Weather Adjusted Peak of all commodities
- Develop spreadsheets, reports, regulatory filings, and testimony
- Deliver presentations on forecasting matters; and represent the Company at meetings with the NYISO, New York State Public Service Commission, New York City governmental agencies, and other stakeholders. You will use your statistical or mathematical background and analytical skills to describe to them complex results in a concise manner.
- Interface with Steam Operations, Gas Operations, and System Operation (The Energy Control Center and Transmission Planning) on daily and long term operational matters that can impact models and studies conducted by Forecasting Services
- Interface with Energy Markets Policy, Regulatory Law, Strategic Planning, and other departments on Energy Service Companies, and Forecasting issues
- Evaluate the potential for energy efficiency and demand response programs in the Company's service area
- Learn our proprietary methods of gas, electric, and steam load forecasting, model production, statistical calibration and maintenance
- Help maintain and develop the different data processing tools (data processing scripts, databases, and forecast deliveries)
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets in the process of building models
- Work in cooperation with our vendors and IT Support to ensure the delivery of our forecasts and services
- Interact with Energy Service Companies by phone, email and in person either in our office or directly at their place of business
- Have the opportunity to research and help develop methodologies around emerging energy trends and new markets, potentially leading to new product development. Oversee capital projects that involve analytics of AMI data as well as forecasting calculation engines that use weather and energy load data.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills including Python programming
- Ability to work and co-operate as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Strong decision-making ability under pressure and time constraints
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science or Finance is preferred And 3 years of work experience Or
- Master's Degree And 2 years of work experience
- Master's Degree Master of Science (M.S.) And 2 years of work experience
- Master's Degree Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) And 2 years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have the capability to perform regression Analysis and knowledge of advanced statistics, as well as strong presentation skills Required
- Must have the potential to learn and build models in MetrixIDR or any other forecasting modeling Required
- Proficient in developing comprehensive and analytical spreadsheet models in Excel Required
- Knowledge of one of the following: Basic understanding of statistical/econometric analysis software, Python, SAS, R, MS Access, VBA , SQL/Windows command line interfaces and databases such as MySQL or MS SQLServer, and an interest in gaining skills in scripting Required
- Post-Graduate knowledge or strong academic background in a quantitative discipline including modules in statistical theory and/or econometrics is preferred. Experience in pattern detection and analysis of large data sets. Preferred
- Knowledge of neural networks, and energy reconciliation Preferred
- Knowledge of Visual Basic Preferred
- Previous experience in an Energy related company Preferred
- Strong decision-making ability under pressure and time constraints Pref
Skills & Ability
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Develops and delivers effective presentations And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality And
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information And
- Proactively approaches responsibilities And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel occasionally within the tri-State and Pennsylvania areas including Albany, and frequently within the Company service territory.
- Must be able to drive on streets and highways to the above places and occasionally stay overnight.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.