Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Applicants for this posting must possess before hiring: Certifications in Engine Repair, Electrical and Brakes (or equivalent industry and/or major manufacturer's certifications). A valid driver's license is required. (CDL License is preferred, or obtained within 12 months). Candidates must be able to pass a written test, performance test, interview, driving test and practical test to qualify for the position. Must have a minimum of 2 years work related experience. Must have a high school diploma or GED. Successful candidates must also be able to diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs on all types of company vehicles including cars, vans and trucks and equipment and must have the knowledge and hands-on experience in repairing systems such as drive trains, hydraulics and coolant. These candidates must also be able to obtain applicable certificates of fitness from the NYC Fire Department and a New York State light duty Inspector's License within 6 months.
- If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Transportation Operations (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, or Westchester).
- Candidates must be able to perform heavy manual labor (push, pull and lift 45-60 Ibs.), extensive walking, climbing and standing, driving, and working in /on /under /on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment. Candidate may be required to be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO ANY SHIFT AND GARAGE.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years related work experience
- CDL or able to obtain within 12 months
- Valid NYS light duty inspectors license with a heavy duty and diesel emissions
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certificate of Fitness from FDNY 180 Days Required
- Other: NYS light duty inspectors license 180 Days Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.