Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Capture costs on projects and track project progress.
- Generate materials and/or service requisitions and receipting goods and services.
- Verification and approvals of oracle invoice entries for blue-sky contractors and mutual assistance contractors.
- Monitors, tracks and accrues contractor labor and material costs to ensure they are appropriately accounted for in invoice and receipts.
- Review and process vendor invoices for payment.
- Run bi-monthly Business Intelligence reports for all purchased orders issued with vendors to ensure billing accuracy to prevent any potential of double billing.
- Process all requisitions for spot buy or blanket purchase agreements.
- Track all Filco Carting Dumpster service payments.
- Create monthly accruals for overhead contractors and line clearance contractors in each region.
- Accrue for service provided for which payment has not been made.
- Performs night, overtime and weekend duties as required and must be available for storm and emergency response.
- Storm support with dispatching overhead contractors and trees contractors in STAR.
- Storm support with mutual assistance onboarding process and crew guide timesheet reconciliation.
- Interface with Control Center, Engineering, Project Management, WRM, EH&S and other Operations and Construction groups to ensure safety and productivity of contractors.
- Assists with studies, investigations, and the preparation of reports as required.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of techniques relative to subjects covered in the job duties.
- Will work out of Cleveland St Service Center.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years relevant work experience Project Accounting/Purchase Requisition, Human Resource, Payroll, Contract Administration
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics or Engineering
- And 3 years relevant work experience Project Accounting/Purchase Requisition, Human Resource, Payroll, Con Edison's General Accounting systems, Oracle, BI, Contract Administration, Work experience in developing and monitoring budgets, programs and goals
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated leadership and communication experience Required
- Understanding of ConEd's business (e.g., services provided, current events) and FP&A function (e.g., objective, role, deliverables) Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles (e.g., income statement, balance sheet) Required
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and proactive qualities Required
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills Required
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills Required
- Work experience with Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Strategic Finance, work management systems, and budgeting tools (e.g., Oracle, SAP) Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.