Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Partners with HR QA group and internal legal counsel to ensure Company compliance with Federal and State legislation as they apply to Benefit and Wellbeing Programs such as ERISA, IRS Codes, SEC Regulations, HIPAA, EEOC, etc.
- Supports the Company's position in any proceedings involving benefits such as rate cases, EEOC hearings and collective bargaining agreements.
- Serve as liaison/ point of contact within the utility industry, large employer groups and benefit consultants to stay abreast of developments and benefit practices. Keeps current on emerging benefit practices and costs within and outside of the electric and gas industry both locally and nationally.
- Manages the administration of benefit plans, including monitoring health and welfare vendor performance and employee satisfaction levels.
- Oversees team focused on health/RX benefit strategy, wellbeing strategy, voluntary benefits, 401k and other deferred income programs.
- Provides staff members with continuous performance feedback, supports career growth and ongoing development. Exposes team to various items of interest and knowledge of benefit programs and laws.
- Develops and disseminates employee benefit communications and provides employee and retiree benefit education. Coordinates frequently with Corporate Communications regarding the same.
- Provides support and updates the benefits intranet and retiree website.
- Responds to surveys, research and benchmarking analysis for employee benefit programs.
- Provides support to HR Assistance for systemic and problematic carrier issues. Coordinates communication strategy and plans to ensure employees and retirees are informed.
- Benchmark and analyze current health and wellbeing programs to assess competitiveness, determine gaps and identify opportunities.
- Monitors existing benefit plan performance and cost trends to inform plan changes to manage costs, improve efficiency and meet employee needs.
- Develop business cases for proposed changes and socialize changes with senior leadership.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum 8 years related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum eight years of work experience in a management position with working knowledge of benefit plans and employee wellbeing programs. Required
- Experience managing/directing a workforce and driving results. Required
- Must have excellent analytical, writing and customer service skills. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, with a solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and willing to learn other PC based programs. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills to maintain a positive working relationship with customers. Required
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and render sound decisions. Required
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, resourceful and flexible to handle multiple assignments with excellent organizational skills and a fine attention to detail. Required
- Willing to learn new benefits related regulations and integrate to required programs. Required
- Must understand the importance of meeting all deadlines. Required
- Minimum of two years of budgeting experience. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.