Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare and update accounting opinions and general accounting procedures to document transactions and ensure proper implementation of accounting requirements and standards.
- Review the various reserves and balances established on the Company's books and work with internal and external specialists to adjust as appropriate.These include environmental, customer receivables, pending litigation, pension/OPEB, and goodwill.
- Prepare footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP, SEC rules, and reporting requirements for regulated entities.
- Work directly with supervisors, managers, and assistant controllers on a regular basis to provide timely research or historical information.
- Perform research on uncommon accounting questions, and presenting findings to senior management.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on requests relating to testing of controls and substantive testing of assigned topics.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics And with a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience Experience in public accounting strongly preferred Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics And with a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience Experience in public accounting strongly preferred
- Master's Degree MBA in Finance or Masters in Accounting And
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of full time experience in finance or accounting. Required
- Prior audit experience at public accounting firm strongly preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle business suite preferred. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Friendly and service-oriented
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Upon Hire Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.