Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Documents work performed on a daily basis in the Station Maintenance log and in the work management system MAXIMO
- Work to continuously improve work plans and provide feedback on completed work plans. Ensure that all personnel use and follow all Maintenance, Station and Company procedures
- Attend the daily management meetings to report job progress, be fully knowledgeable of work scopes and submit Work Permit Requests in a clear and concise manner
- Directs the safe, environmentally compliant, efficient utilization of employees and materials in the repair and overhaul of power plant equipment. Plans and lays out work schedules. Identifies critical paths and works toward successful execution of plans
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by completing data backups; keeping information confidential; securing historical references
- Efficient and proper handling of multiple assignments is essential for success in this position.
- Adheres to Company rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Determines appropriate disciplinary action, conducts interviews, participates in settlement of grievances and evaluates subordinates work performance
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required
- Supervise union personnel, contractors and vendors. Enforce all contractual and local work rules, assign personnel to jobs in accordance with the Station weekly work schedule and perform administrative tasks in MAXIMO daily
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical/Electrical technology or related field 2 years experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or related industry in the operation, repair, testing or construction of plant equipment Or
- Associate's Degree Mechanical/Electrical technology or related field 4 years experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or related industry in the operation, repair, testing or construction of plant equipment Or
- High School Diploma/GED 5 years experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or related industry in the operation, repair, testing or construction of plant equipment
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical/Electrical technology or related field 2 years experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or related industry in the operation, repair, testing or construction of plant equipment
Relevant Work Experience
- 2-5 years supervisory experience with proven skills to motivate people, preferably in a union environment Required
- Experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or related industry Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: TWIC-Transportation Worker Identification Credential 1 1/2 Yrs Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Will be required to work alternate shifts at times, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.