Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At O&R, we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Supports the infrastructure for the WMS (Work Management System) and WMS interfaces. This includes the administration and maintenance of system tables, as well as the design and development of program modifications.
- Collaborates and meets with users to prepare requirements analyses for enhancements to WMS.
- With guidance, develops functional scope and designs for enhancements to WMS.
- Creates and develops E-learning for WebWMS and provides training for WMS Users.
- Oversees the general operation of WMS to ensure optimal performance. Raises any observations to management and works collectively to address/resolve.
- Gains an understanding of various Company system interfaces that serve and assist Operations in performing their job functions
- Through daily managing of responsibilities, becomes proficient in the basic logic and scope of O&R's Work Management System (WMS,/Web/WMS).
- Learns and stays abreast of the fundamental business practices of Electric, Substations and Gas Operations via the use of WMS/Web.
- Work with Operations to set up project budgeting correctly and to train/assist them in schedule development in WMS. Assist financial co-workers with information from WMS to support earned value analysis, historic spending for budget system setup and work with the accounting department for asset management inquiries.
- Works in teams to develop new functionality within WMS/Web/WMS and with system interfaces. This involves developing screen layouts and system interactions, testing, and problem solving.
- Works with vendors to install packages and/or support the application environment.
- Participates in troubleshooting system problems and helps resolve them.
- Creates a clear and well-organized documentation for all procedures developed and\or supported.
- Actively participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Computer Programming, or Information Systems, And 2 years related work experience Or
- Associate's Degree Engineering, Computer Programming, or Information Systems, And 4 years related work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency with PC systems operating in a client-server environment. Required
- Should have knowledge of project budgeting, earned value analysis, scheduling, accounting and budgeting systems and asset management. Required
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Excel and Word with some knowledge of Visio and Project. Required
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate/present effectively with all levels of the company, as well as customers and external vendors. Required
- Must be able to work effectively on teams. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory and to other Company locations, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Must be available to be on call and/or participate in off- hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.