Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Safety: Ensure employee, customer, public, and site safety are always considered in procurement strategy, and contribute proactively to maintaining Company's safety-focused culture, including through purposeful field visits with team.
- Compliance: Maintain rigorous adherence to Company policies & procedures governing procurement.
- Data-Driven: Collect, parse, and analyze relevant datasets to drive informed decision-making at the outset of the procurement journey.
- Commercial: Structure, document, and execute Requests for Quotations and Request for Proposals (including for competitive bid events) in Oracle.
- Negotiations: Negotiate service level requirements, pricing, and timelines with suppliers and liaise with Law Department to negotiate terms & conditions for procurement contracts.
- Reliability: Ensure existing contracts in portfolio are adequately funded and are renewed (competitively when possible) without disruption to service.
- Agile: Seek and apply real-time feedback from internal customers and suppliers to adjust procurement strategies for improved procurement outcomes.
- Cost-Conscious: Deliver cost savings for internal customers through procurement outcomes.
- Problem-Solving: Address issues that arise with suppliers constructively to ensure continuity of business operations and compliance with policies & procedures.
- Risk-Averse: Incorporate Third-Party Risk Management data in contract negotiations to mitigate risks and lower total cost of ownership.
- Diversity: Increase diverse supplier spend in key procurement categories.
- Sustainability: Seek suppliers commitment to Con Edison's sustainability principles and practices.
- Celebrating Success: Deliver impactful presentations to senior executive leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree Any major or discipline And 4 years related work experience Senior Procurement Specialist Or
- Master's Degree Any major or discipline And 2 years related work experience Senior Procurement Specialist
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in commercial or contract negotiations Required
- Ability to analyze large complex datasets to make reasonable business decisions Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Required
- Proficiency in Oracle EBS or similar enterprise resource planning application Required
- Supply Chain experience at operations level Preferred
- Experience using Agile, Scrum, or Rapid Results in project management or product development Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.