Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Serves as regional and community liaison with local elected officials, community boards, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and other community and stakeholder groups. Responds to and tracks complaints and critical correspondence from stakeholders including elected officials, community boards and customers.
- Serves as project manager for new initiatives, infrastructure-related activities, and coordination with government agencies and external stakeholders; makes presentations on issues ranging from major infrastructure projects to new energy efficiency and solar programs.
- Manages all aspects of public presentations and reports, including presenting to the public and stakeholders at local community meetings and events as the company's representative
- Serves on project teams for major infrastructure projects and develops and implements strategies for community communications with key stakeholders and local communities.
- Manages relationships with not-for-profit organizations supported by the Company's Strategic Partnerships program, including but not limited to reviewing grant proposals and conducting site visits.
- Serves as front-line emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assists in preparation of emergency preparedness information. This responsibility may also involve overnight shift work.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations. Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of experience working in or with government, not for profit management, urban planning, sustainability, community relations, communications or a related field.
Relevant Work Experience
- Successful candidates will be highly-motivated, goal-oriented and demonstrate a strong commitment to building positive relations with local communities, elected officials, not-for-profit organizations and other key stakeholders. Required
- Successful candidates must have strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with various levels of local government, management, community groups and elected officials. Required
- Must be efficient, organized and excellent at follow-through. Required
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with diverse communities, able to exercise independent judgment, be politically savvy, and have a passion for making a difference. Required
- Possess a strong sense of professional judgment and ability to solve problems creatively. Required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office required. Required
- Strong project management skills are preferred. Preferred
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations in front of public audiences is preferred. Preferred
- Knowledgeable about utility commodities, particularly electric and gas is preferred. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.