Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support all Construction Business Services Operations departments in three key areas: (1) Procurement of equipment, material and services; (2) logistics and inventory management; and (3) intra- and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Oversee and manage activities performed by the Material Analyst.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision to team executing procurement and logistics assignments.
- Plan, organize, schedule and assign team members to tasks to optimize productivity, under both normal and emergency conditions. Utilize reporting tools to track material such as WMS system, tableau, SharePoint, LOT and Cworx.
- Ensure that the material analyst utilizing ConED BPA/Punchouts before outsourcing any of the material.
- Liaise with external/internal customers such as company employees, vendors and contractors .
- Identify and deliver procurement-based cost savings for Construction Business Services Operations by collaborating with both internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures, including those for security.
- Complete assigned and supplementary EH&S and skills training, and monitor same for team.
- Conduct vendor relationship management meetings to improve quality and reduce risk and cost, including through billing and performance dispute resolution.
- Participate in ad hoc activities in support of the department material management backlog, computing and telecom resource coordination.
- Model behaviors consistent with safety, operational excellence and positive customer experience.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence and Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing customers experience.
- Requires the use of personal vehicle.
- Perform other related assignments as required such as but not limited to placing orders in Oracle. Interpret engineering designs and layouts. Be able to look up layouts utilizing Adept Viewer.
- High School Diploma/GED with 6 years work experience 6 years of work experience in the Construction field related to the Electric, Gas or Steam systems and associated equipment. Or
- Associate's Degree with 4 years work experience 4 years of work experience in the Construction field related to the Electric, Gas or Steam systems and associated equipment. Or
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years work experience 2 years of work experience in the Construction field related to the Electric, Gas or Steam systems and associated equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years work experience Preference in Construction Management/Public Improvement or general construction
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have experience using Oracle Procurement Software or Similar Procurement Software Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and be able to learn and use other computer applications and
- systems utilized within Construction (Layout Tracking, Tableau, etc. Required
- Must be able to develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers Required
- Basic knowledge of contracts and other documents (i.e. street opening tickets, permits and reading of electric, gas, steam layouts) to support payment to contractors Preferred
- Must have working knowledge of construction contract administration with specific experience on purchase orders and contractor payments Preferred
- Basic understanding of street restoration process Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships And
- Demonstrated written communication skills And
- Develops and delivers effective presentations And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Excellent organizational skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work occasional extended or non-traditional hours due to Department or Company emergencies
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.