Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support various aspects of the Substation Operations outage scheduling and capital program management functions
- Prepare and submit outage requests, track status of outage requests and work to identify opportunities to consolidate work into the minimum number of equipment outages
- Develop and maintain consolidated, high level schedule and work plans, and formulate resource capability plans with working groups
- Evaluate and provide projections of project/program financial status, including identifying potential overrun conditions, and development of recovery plans to address these situations
- Identify emergent capital work items and develop plans to address these within various time constraints.
- Prepare and/or update capital budget white papers and appropriations in support of various SSO capital projects and programs.
- Develop strong working relationships with Electric Operations, Central Engineering, System Operations, and SSO.
- Maintain the SSO Planning Sharepoint site, and develop databases/applications to assist Substation Operations personnel in meeting outage scheduling and cost management objectives.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 or more years' related experience Experience in the engineering, design, construction, operations and/or maintenance of Substations Or
- Associate's Degree And 7 or more years' related experience Experience in the engineering, design, construction, operations and/or maintenance of Substations
Relevant Work Experience
- 5-7 years Experience in the engineering, design, construction, operations and/or maintenance of Substations Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.