Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Join Con Edison to build your clean energy career on one of the largest electric vehicle teams in the country! The Electric Vehicles Business Development & Partnerships Program Manager's responsibility is to drive outreach efforts and build relationships with key customers including fleets and portfolio managers. This is an external/customer facing position which includes outreach and education about Con Edison's electrification programs, initiatives, advisory services, and interconnection process.
- The ideal representative is a detail-oriented, independent self-starter comfortable with generating/maintaining relationships with high visibility organizations, developing industry connections, speaking with customers, public speaking, attending networking events/conferences, and acting as a liaison between the customer and internal Con Edison teams. The Electric Vehicles Business Development & Partnerships Program Manager will coordinate meetings, conduct presentations to customers/groups, be available to represent Con Edison at trade show booths, and keep detailed and up-to-date records on activities to reach targets.
- An essential part of the job is proactive account management including creating and maintaining new relationships with customers, contractors, developers, and other stakeholders. As a member of the outreach team, the Electric Vehicles Business Development & Partnerships Program Manager will drive applications to Con Edison's electrification programs and will collaborate with other program teams including, but not limited to: operations, engineering, market research/analytics, and marketing.
- Support a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers, developers, and technology providers.
- Build, maintain and create new relationships with key customers and other stakeholders and manage detailed records.
- Drive application submissions with enthusiasm Con Edison's electrification programs.
- Self-monitor, analyze and evaluate performance against sales goals.
- Collaborate with other internal teams including but not limited to: the EV program team, Clean Heat team, engineering, energy services, Fleet Advisory, Rates, Marketing, Analytics, etc.
- Support and implement an effective outreach and account management strategy, manage detailed records of customer communications, presentations, and action items.
- Develop tools, technical support documents, and marketing materials to enhance outreach and education efforts.
- Support Company cooperation with New York Public Service Commission Outreach Marketing and Education Staff, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and other committees/interest groups pertaining to electrification program outreach.
- Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to the development of electrification projects.
- Hybrid work arrangement including reporting to Company headquarters at 4 Irving Place in New York City, as well as attending industry conferences and events, and in-person customer/developer meetings.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 years work experience with 2 years business development/ account management experience
- Master's Degree (MBA Preferred) And 2 years of business development/account management experience in clean technology projects
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated work experience in account management/sales profession(s). Required
- Demonstrated work experience in customer facing profession(s). Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with a dynamic fast paced environment. Required
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project). Required
- Experience developing materials that enable effective interaction with customers, developers, and all levels of management. Required
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information and making recommendations based on that information. Required
- Strong communication, presentation, sales and writing skills. Required
- Experience or familiarity with energy programs or electric transportation a strong plus but not required. Preferred
- Experience with customer relationship management tools. Preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of electrification technologies Preferred
- Experience working with local, County, City and State governments Preferred
- Experience leading or supporting clean energy projects or programs Preferred
- Experience managing a sales team Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.