Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist in preparation of embedded and marginal cost of service studies, including determining unbundled cost components for competitive services in the Cost-of-Service group in the Rate Engineering Department.
- Assist in research of other utilities embedded and marginal cost of service studies and related methodologies.
- Assist in preparation of allocated cost of service studies used in the development of standby rates.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and assist in determination of their impact on the companies various embedded cost allocation and marginal cost studies.
- Assist in preparation of testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings.
- Assist in analyzing testimony and exhibits of other parties and direct the preparation of rebuttal testimony.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from the companies other departments and other utilities in the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Assist in interpreting and answering inquiries, both internal and external, concerning the companies electric, gas and steam embedded, marginal and allocated cost studies.
- Design, modify and use computer systems, (e.g., personal computer applications and mainframe systems) that provide data analyses which support the computation of the Company's various cost studies and all other responsibilities of this position; maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field. and two (2) years of relevant experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy. Required
- Must possess excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point; experience with MS Access a plus. Required
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Required
- Must possess excellent mathematical, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills. Required
- Have the ability to effectively interact with customers (both internal and external to the Company), support staff, various levels of management and regulatory agencies. Preferred
- Experience with and understanding of the Company's AMI system and financials systems a plus. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.