Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Identify process and resources needed to execute work scope.
- Lead cross functional project teams.
- Provide project and program status updates.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Promote safety and operations excellence through project management excellence.
- Use Microsoft office products to deliver impactful presentations and analysis.
- Tracks and resolve or escalate, issues, risks and change requests.
- Demonstrate core business skills and specialized knowledge that will advance PMO's objectives and contribute to the department's goals.
- Quality assurance and quality control of work products and deliverables.
- Responsible for performing other related assignments as required including representing the Company at project and program meetings.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher And minimum of 5 years' work experience within industry Or
- Associate's Degree or higher And minimum of 4 years' work experience within industry Or
- Bachelor's Degree or higher And minimum of 3 years work experience within industry
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business or related field And 5 years utility or consulting Relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- An in-depth and broad understanding of problem identification, analysis and resolution Required
- Must have knowledge of the business operations in the areas of engineering and design, construction, purchasing, scheduling, logistics and cost control. Required
- Must possess solid Project Management and Technical Leadership skills and is a self-starter Required
- Must have experience in directing project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives. Required
- Experience in the design, construction, capital projects. Required
- Must be analytical and detailed oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills Required
- Possess computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and MS Office Suite. Required
- Demonstrate experience in budgeting, scheduling, and ensuring quality of all project elements including ability to manage complex projects with multiple sub-projects Preferred
- Demonstrate awareness of the stages that a project goes through and the problems that surface during the execution of the project's initiatives. Preferred
- Knowledge of electric distribution systems. Preferred
- Management or supervisory experience. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Comprehensive Project Management Course Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.