Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Junior Designer (electrical) applicant will work with civil, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines, designing new and modifying existing stations supporting Gas Engineering and Gas Operations. Applicant must have knowledge preparing and understanding general arrangement, sections, elevations, installation details, electrical wiring drawings and schematics. Applicant must be familiar with power and control wiring and raceway systems concept, design and installation. Applicant must have working knowledge of building codes, manufacturers equipment drawings and material specifications. Must be able to read and interpret multi-disciplinary drawings such as civil/structural, electrical, Fire Protection, HVAC, P&IDs (Process and Instrumentation) drawings etc. He or she must be able to perform technical calculations
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years of equivalent and relevant design work experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design, Mechanical Technology, Electrical Design, Electrical Technology, Civil Design, Architectural Design or Pre Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Qualified candidate must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree (technical/science) in Mechanical Design, Mechanical Technology, Electrical Technology, Civil Design, Architectural Design or Pre Engineering. In lieu of an Associate's Degree, a High School Degree (or GED equivalent) and two (2) years of equivalent and relevant design work experience will be accepted. The ideal candidate must be dedicated, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and on teams. This individual must have the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with personnel on all levels.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of computers with the ability to perform drafting and design utilizing AutoCAD 2D or Micro Station. Knowledge of 3D design and the ability to utilize current 3D software applications is preferred. He or she must have a working knowledge of mechanical, civil, electrical, structural or architectural design. Applicants will also have a working knowledge of construction, engineering and design specifications. The candidate must have the ability to read and interpret design, piping codes, building codes, regulations, and standards to be able to produce quality design drawings and supporting documentation. Applicant will be responsible for coordinating design work with designers from other design disciplines, engineers, station personnel, in addition to providing design field support during construction activities.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.