Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare and update accounting opinions and general accounting procedures to document transactions, including energy efficiency programs, and ensure proper implementation of accounting requirements and standards.
- Review the various reserves and balances established on the Company's books. Leverage U.S. GAAP knowledge and work with internal and external
- specialists to adjust as appropriate. These include environmental, customer receivables, pending litigation, pension/OPEB,
- and goodwill.
- Perform research and prepare entries, disclosures and ad hoc analyses for assigned areas related to complex/non-routine accounting topics, and present findings to senior management.
- Perform technical independent research on regulatory guidelines, financial analysis and accounting pronouncements and provide recommendations for Company implementation. Work closely with other finance and operating areas to update internal accounting policies.
- Prepare footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP, SEC rules, and reporting requirements for regulated entities.
- Work directly with supervisors, managers, and assistant controllers on a regular basis to provide timely research or
- historical information.
- Comply with the Company policies, procedures, and internal controls, and support Company's numerous diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on requests relating to testing of controls and substantive testing of
- assigned topics.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance And a minimum of 3 years full-time work experience in Accounting, including public accounting audit experience
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Relevant Work Experience
- Full-time work experience in Accounting, including public accounting audit experience Required
- Strong working knowledge, and application, of U.S. GAAP rules Required
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP financial statements, financial statement components, and footnote disclosures Required
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Friendly and service-oriented And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Upon Hire Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.