Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepares plans and specifications for primary underground electric distribution installations up to 35kV, and provide necessary oversight on the construction of these facilities.
- Performs in the development of company standards for all equipment associated with the underground transmission and distribution systems to assure compliance with National Electrical Code and National Electrical Safety Code requirements..
- Provides recommendations for the cable rebuild and rehab programs for the enhanced reliability of existing underground residential subdivisions.
- Supports the coordination for underground projects with internal departments to ensure that projects are completed per specifications, on time, and within approved budgets.
- Provides support to Operations on all issues associated with the maintenance and construction of the underground distribution and transmission systems.
- Performs conceptual interconnection designs and prepares project estimates, schedules, and capital appropriation funding requests for underground capital projects. This also includes all required project details and estimates for the five-year capital budget and long-term planning studies as required.
- Prepares plans and specifications for underground electric transmission facilities for installations up to 345kV, and provide necessary oversight on the construction of these facilities.
- Provides Operations support functions, including fuse coordination, New Business responses, and Division Engineer assistance in investigating underground system voltage problems/complaints
- Attend meetings with other utilities and R&D seminars to keep informed and up-to-date with the latest developments in underground system materials, equipment and construction practices.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in the Distribution Engineering field through webinars, industry conferences, stakeholder meetings and technical committees as applicable.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Authors procedure guides, reports and presentations to summarize and document technical analysis
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BS) is required. A minimum of 5 years work experience in the utility industry.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering is preferred. And A minimum of 5 years work experience in the utility industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Capable of independent work, which includes the ability to understand all facets of engineering designs and project management. Required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work on teams and cross-functional projects. Required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years engineering work experience in an engineering or project management / construction capacity. Preferred
- Familiarity with underground design, maintenance & construction of underground systems; with at least 1 to 2 years of direct experience with underground electric systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.