Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Join a fast growing and dynamic team and support one of the country's largest electric vehicle (EV) incentive programs
- The Electric Mobility (E-Mobility) Utility Coordinator will support coordination and effective collaboration between E-Mobility Team and Con Edison project management and engineering organizations, particularly in relation to operational timelines, processes, efficiencies, and program trends
- Provide exceptional customer experience for potential or in-flight EV projects by ensuring clear communication between developers and internal Con Edison teams on EV interconnection requirements and processes
- Identify needs to optimize and improve process efficiencies and drive implementation of any related changes
- Educate the PowerReady business development team, program managers, and program participants on technical interconnection topics related to EV charging stations
- Collaborate with program teams to identify and anticipate program or EV market/technology changes and needs that could impact internal business or system operations
- Develop related communications or recommendations associated with program, market or technology changes
- Role may include intake and tracking of pre-engagement interconnection screenings and communicating results with fleets and other E-Mobility customers
- As needed, support implementation of enhancements to program portal by identifying business needs from internal teams
- Work effectively and participate on cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time
- Represent the Company's interests to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years of work experience
- Master's Degree Degree in engineering or sustainability disciplines And 2 years utility or other business work experience Project management, engineering experience and knowledge of utility new business processes
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues who have a diverse set of experiences and approaches in order to drive business results Required
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment Required
- Strong communications, presentation and writing skills Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Required
- Demonstrated ability to manage tense, complex, or technical customer issues in a calm, thorough, and professional manner Preferred
- Technical understanding of Con Edison's electric system Preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of utility new business interconnection processes and operations Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of EV charging station interconnection procedures Preferred
- 1-2 years project management experience at a utility in electric operations or engineering Preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.